Ambassador Alice Morrison

Adventurer

We started working with Alice in 2019 when we supported her challenging Draa River Expedition, travelling over 1,500 km on foot for 80 days with camels to carry water and supplies and two Moroccan camelteers as her travel companions.

For 2020, she is completing her mission to the first woman to have walked the length of Morocco. Having just come back from a grueling 2,000 km walk across the Sahara, Alice will be tackling the Atlas Mountains in Summer 2020.
She has run the Marathon des Sables; retraced the ancient salt routes which then became a popular BBC 2 Series, Morocco to Timbuktu: An Arabian Adventure and has written numerous books including the latest paperback Adventures in Morocco – From
Souks to the Sahara which was launched in February 2020.

Alice epitomises our sense of adventure and her traveller’s tales really have you on the edge of your seat!

Video

Gallery

Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison

Q&A

What would you say is your greatest achievement to date?

Running around Everest is definitely up there!

Do you have any top tips for survival to offer to our community?

Always take walking poles. If you fall and fracture a leg, you can use them to carry on. I know from personal experience

Why are you keen to be a Craghoppers Ambassador?

Craghoppers make clothes that work. I need stuff that helps me not hinders me. Good trousers, sun and mosquito resistant tops, warm fleeces and jackets … resilient socks. Craghoppers kit is good quality, it lasts well and it looks great which
definitely helps my morale when I’m out there giving it my all. Also, they share my values around doing the right thing and living your fullest life.

What’s the one thing you look forward to most when you come home from a long expedition?

Spending some quality on the sofa with some great TV, a glass of cold milk and, Squeaky the cat.