Ambassador Alice Morrison

Adventurer

We started working with Alice in 2019 when we supported her challenging Draa River Expedition, travelling over 1,500 km on foot for 80 days with camels to carry water and supplies and two Moroccan camelteers as her travel companions.

For 2020, she is completing her mission to the first woman to have walked the length of Morocco. Having just come back from a grueling 2,000 km walk across the Sahara, Alice will be tackling the Atlas Mountains in Summer 2020.
She has run the Marathon des Sables; retraced the ancient salt routes which then became a popular BBC 2 Series, Morocco to Timbuktu: An Arabian Adventure and has written numerous books including the latest paperback Adventures in Morocco – From
Souks to the Sahara which was launched in February 2020.

Alice epitomises our sense of adventure and her traveller’s tales really have you on the edge of your seat!

Video

Gallery

Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison Alice Morrison

Q&A

What would you say is your greatest achievement to date?

Running around Everest is definitely up there!

Do you have any top tips for survival to offer to our community?

Always take walking poles. If you fall and fracture a leg, you can use them to carry on. I know from personal experience

Why are you keen to be a Craghoppers Ambassador?

Craghoppers make clothes that work. I need stuff that helps me not hinders me. Good trousers, sun and mosquito resistant tops, warm fleeces and jackets … resilient socks. Craghoppers kit is good quality, it lasts well and it looks great which
definitely helps my morale when I’m out there giving it my all. Also, they share my values around doing the right thing and living your fullest life.

What’s the one thing you look forward to most when you come home from a long expedition?

Spending some quality on the sofa with some great TV, a glass of cold milk and, Squeaky the cat.

New Year’s Reflections – Half Way Home

Before I set off on this expedition to walk 2000km across the Sahara, I had some doubts about it. Not, perhaps as you might expect, about the distance or difficulty or danger but because just under a year ago I had become the first woman to walk the Draa River in Morocco which had been […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , | Leave a comment
Sahara Desert

Preparing for an Expedition with Alice Morrison

Now, this is how you pack for the Sahara Desert. I first thought about doing the Sahara Expedition in the summer of this year. I’d just become the first woman to walk the Draa River, 1500km in Morocco, and my expedition organiser, Jean-Pierre Datcharry suggested I add the Sahara and then an Atlas stage and […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged | Leave a comment

Nomads on The Move

By Ambassador, Alice Morrison Every year, the nomad families of Jebel Saghro (the Mountain of Drought) in Morocco migrate from their winter pastures to their summer pastures. They move lock stock and barrel: taking their sheep and goats; donkeys, mules and camels; tents and household goods; chickens and children. The migration usually takes around three […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

The Draa Expedition: Part Two

By Craghoppers Ambassador, Alice Morrison The routine of my day is very set and I have found that immensely reassuring and relaxing. I wake up to the sound of Brahim chanting the morning prayer at sunrise. We then have breakfast and start to pack up camp. The camels are loaded, and I now know who […]

Read More...

The Draa Expedition

By Alice Morisson Three days ago, I saw the last running water that I will see for a month and a half. It was a salty, marshy tributary of the mighty Draa River in Morocco whose course I am following from source to sea. My trek is 1200km and I have a team of five […]

Read More...