Ambassador Chaz Powell

Explorer, Expedition Leader and Survival Guide

Chaz Powell

After exploring and hiking the globe for the past 17 years, Chaz now lives his life as an Explorer, Expedition Leader and Survival Guide.

His ongoing project ‘The Wildest Journey’ is all about his remote explorations by foot along Africa’s wildest rivers. His main focus behind his journeys is to raise funds and awareness for wildlife conservation and anti-poaching.

Back in 2016-17, Chaz spent 137 days walking over 3000km from source to sea along the Zambezi River. In 2019 he spent 47 days walking 1120km, from source to sea, along the Gambia river as well as 29 days walking 800km from east to west across Madagascar, whilst walking source to sea along the country’s longest river, The Mangoky.

Chaz also leads UK based expeditions that focus on expedition and survival skills in mountain, river and forest-based environments. Having most recently led teams on journeys walking the length of the UK’s National Parks.

Whilst not out on his various adventures, Chaz is currently living on his remote plot of land in the North of Scotland. Living off the land in an as wild and sustainable way as can be.

Gallery

Chaz Powell Chaz Powell Chaz Powell Chaz Powell Chaz Powell Chaz Powell

Photos by Tim Roberts & Nina Wiesmeyer

Van Life with Chaz Powell

I’ve been travelling the world now for around 16 years, and the more I’ve travelled and explored, the further I’ve pushed myself into wilder and more remote areas. My most recent journeys have mainly consisted of walking the length of some of Africa’s wildest rivers: The Zambezi, The Gambia and The Mangoky. When I return […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Chaz Powell: Walking the length of the Gambia River

By Chaz Powell Photo Credits and team member: Tim Roberts The source of the Gambia river My next adventure was to be a world’s first source to sea trek along the Gambia river. An epic journey to follow the West African river by foot through Guinea‐Conakry, Senegal and The Gambia for 1,120km. After a long […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment