Author: Jennifer Carew

David Crossing the High Mountains of Madeira

Packing for the Inca Trail with David Love

We chat to Craghoppers Ambassador and International Expedition Leader, David Love, on some handy do’s & don’ts if you’re planning to undertake the Inca Trail for your next big adventure as well as some top tips and tricks he’s learned over the years in packing for expedition success! FIRST THING’S FIRST… The Inca trail is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime type of trip. So it’s really important you take time to consider…

defo header

The Sunshine Journey: Nepal

By Eva Bouwer, The Sunshine Journey As part of my journey to travel & volunteer around the globe, I traveled off to Nepal this March in search for adventure. To experience the unique beauty of Nepal's nature, I chose Chitwan National Park in the South of the country. I traveled to Nepal from India, but another good option is to fly to Kathmandu and then drive 5 hours to arrive…

CraghoppersSS20_CapeVerde_day1_281

Cape Verde: Eco Hotel

Love sustainable travel? We do. That’s why for our SS20 photo shoot we took four explorers: Alex, Chris, Emma and Rachel to the remote islands of Cape Verde with sustainable travel company ‘Travell With Purpose’. Our accommodation was an eco-hotel in Sao Pedro, built from natural, local and sustainable materials. The 13 bedroom hotel situated next to the sea, finished with a wood and lime putty. Certified wood was used…

10 facts about Yellowstone

Spanning over the three states of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, Yellowstone is one of the world’s most impressive, and famous, national parks. But what does this magnificent landscape have to offer? We’ll run you through our top 10 facts about Yellowstone National Park in our guide, so you can make the most of your volcanic adventure. Find out about Yellowstone’s wildlife, geology, history and more below. Interesting Facts About Yellowstone…

image 1

Sleeping out for CEO Sleepout

Written by Joel Oxberry As with most major cities in the UK, you do not have to travel far in Manchester to see people sleeping rough. It has always affected me but I have never tackled the issue head on, choosing instead, like most, to put the situation to the back of my mind. Not out of disrespect, but out of awkwardness brought on by the fact I cannot begin…

A2A Expedition: Part 2, Senegal: God, Trade and the Harmattan

By Graeme Bell When I think of Dakar I have visions of the famous rally - high powered motorcycles and four wheeled vehicles blasting through the Sahara desert, of helicopter fly overs and spectacular scenery, the well heeled at play racing the ultimate off road machines in the most hostile territory. I envision a sweat drenched Spaniard, a sponsors cap askew on his head, the torso of his white red…

How to Take Notes on The Road

Taking notes ‘To lose a passport was the least of one’s worries: to lose a notebook was a catastrophe. In twenty odd years of travel, I lost only two. One vanished on an Afghan bus. The other was filched by the Brazilian secret police, who, with a certain clairvoyance, imagined that some lines I had written – about the wounds of a Baroque Christ – were a description, in code,…

A2A Expedition: Part 1, Senegal: God, Trade and the Harmattan

A lifetime ago my family and I drove our Land Rover from Peru into Ecuador. The Peruvian coast is an endless sea of sand, dry cities and unloved desert. After dropping down from the heavenly Andes and her eternal switchbacks the straight coastal road is both a relief and a beautiful bore. After days of khaki desert you eventually reach the border post and cross into Ecuador to be greeted…

It's Not Just About Magazines

By Daniel Nielson Think travel writing, and your mind skips immediately to magazines, perhaps books, but there are many, many styles of travel writing to get stuck into (and even make money from). Oral storytelling The birth of language, the teacher of lessons, the medium of exchange. The oral tradition of storytelling is really the history of human life. Before we coded the sounds we make into writing, we spoke…

We support The World's Big Sleep Out

We're rallying behind ‘The World’s Big Sleep Out’ (TWBSO), a global event which will take place this Saturday 7th December. The event aims to highlight that homelessness is a global issue, uniting people around the world to raise awareness of the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eKg8eRniU Most major cities across the globe are set to host a ‘Big Sleep Out’, inviting members of the public to sleep outside for one night only. Over…