Author: zrimmer

WWTW-banner

Meet the Walk of Oman Team

Last month we told you that the team had been chosen for the forthcoming Walk of Oman. The individuals were put through their paces during a tough training week in the Lake District in July and all 6 of them showed the right amount of grit and determination to be able to take part in this grueling challenge. So let’s meet them all and let them share their stories of…

CraghoppersSS20_CapeVerde_day3_158

This is Our Kind of Lockdown

[siteorigin_widget class="WP_Widget_Custom_HTML"][/siteorigin_widget] Together we stand stronger. Though we are currently starved of our actual adventures – we can still dream. We can still plan. We can still be inspired by the many like minded adventurers out there that crave the very same thing. Here at Craghoppers, we are made for travel. It’s in our DNA, like you. So we need an outlet, a lifeline to see us through the next…

Kenya Travel Guide: What You Should Know Before You Go On Safari

The wildlife and the friendly locals are the real draws that keep tourists going back to Kenya again and again. There is undoubtedly no better place to catch a glimpse of big cats, elephants and zebras than the famous Masai Mara, but what should you take with you on your Kenya safari? And what do you need to know about the beautiful country before you head for the airport? Before…

Diamond Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award

Today marks 60 brilliant years of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award!   The Duke of Edinburgh's Award 'Then and Now'   To celebrate the Diamond Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh 's Award, we're taking you on a short journey through time as we share our own Duke of Edinburgh's Award stories.   The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Then:   1971 - Graham Riding received the prestigious Gold DofE Award!…

The Jura Fell Race by Claire Aspinall

The Jura Fell Race After completing the Jura Fell Race on the 28th May 2016 in a time of 4 hours and 59 minutes, people have asked me whether or not I would attempt the race again. My initial thoughts are the terrain was horrendous, I narrowly missed being hit by head sized boulders, I am black and blue with bruises from the scree and I ripped my shorts. I…

Our Top 4 Winter Sun Destinations for 2015

With summer long gone, and the cold weather drawing in here in the UK, you may be considering where you should go for you next winter sun holiday. With tropical destinations such as the Caribbean, Africa and South East Asia to consider, there’s a long list to choose from. So to make your choice a little easier, we’ve put together our top winter sun destinations for 2015. 1. St Lucia…

How to prevent mosquitoes from ruining your getaway

Swollen, itchy mosquito bites – there’s nothing worse when you’re trying to enjoy a relaxing getaway. Although they’re unavoidable when you visit humid destinations, there are a number of different ways to keep mosquitoes away so that you can return from your holiday free from irritating bites. Take a look at our tips for keeping mosquitoes away below and enjoy your next holiday - itch-free. Insect Repellent Clothing Are you…

5 Packing Tips For Your Next Holiday

From overweight baggage to leaking liquids, we’ve all experienced luggage nightmares at one point or another. The key to stress-free travel and lightweight luggage is preparation, which, combined with a few packing tips, goes a long way. Just remember these 5 packing tips and you’ll be a packing pro before you jet off to your destination. 1. Invest in the Right Bag Eliminating weight starts with the right luggage. Invest…