Fed up of getting soaked through on your rainy hiking adventures? It’s time to invest in some new kit. And the best place to start is with trousers. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with choices, we’re here to help. Use our guide on choosing the best waterproof trousers for you to get you started. We’ll talk you through the different kinds of waterproof walking trousers available and their key features.
How to Choose the Waterproof Walking Trousers For You
It’s decision time. You’re trying to decide on the best waterproof walking trousers for you. What sort of things do you need to consider?
• Comfort. Old fashioned waterproofs are stiff, restrictive and uncomfortable to wear. Look for features that enable you to remain comfy and cool, wherever you’re going.
• Versatility. The best waterproof trousers are the ones that can transform, or are already equipped to perform well on any kind of adventure – in any kind of weather.
• Temperature. There’s nothing worse than wearing a pair of thick waterproofs on a rainy day when the temperature is still warm. Luckily there are varying levels of insulation available, so you don’t have to suffer on route.
When looking for the best outdoor waterproof trousers, they’ll need to have these key features:
• Lightweight. Whether you’re on the hunt for a pair of waterproof overtrousers or even something a little more insulating, they need to be lightweight. This then also allows you to pack them away with ease on any travel adventure.
• Breathable. Although waterproof trousers are designed to avoid any water creeping in, moisture will still need to come out. The best lightweight waterproof trousers help to keep you feeling fresh, whatever the weather.
• Ankle zipped. If the weather can’t make up its mind, you might want to take your waterproofs off and just have some lightweight trousers underneath. This can be tricky when you’re in the middle of a trek, so handy ankle zips mean you can easily whip them off without having to remove your hiking boots too.
• Optimum fit. Depending on the climate and the type of adventure you’re embarking on, you’ll need to make sure you have the right fit. For sunny days where there’s a threat of rain, you’ll want some overtrousers with plenty of room. For everyday wear and classic hiking adventures, you’ll want a slim but active fit.
• Stretch fabric. If you’ve gone for a slim fit pair, ensure that there’s enough stretch in the fabric to account for any challenging terrains that you may encounter.
• Zipped pockets. Essential for keeping your belongings safe while on the trail, the best waterproof trousers will come with multiple zipped pockets so that items like your mobile won’t get damaged in the rain.
• Recycled material. Sustainable clothing is now more important than ever. And that includes your outdoor wardrobe. The best waterproof walking trousers will be made from recycled material, without impacting quality or hiking up the price tag. Just remember to pair your trousers with a recycled fleece for extra comfort, without the guilt.
Pick up the Best Outdoor Waterproof Trousers from Craghoppers
Now you know how to choose the best waterproof trousers for you, browse all of the available options at Craghoppers.