Ambassador Connie Allen

Adventurer

Connie is an Ethologist who studies the behaviour of animals. Whilst researching for her PhD, she spent a lot of time studying elephants in Botswana, which was when we started to speak to her about the kit she needed in Botswana to help her get on
with the job and the interesting work she was undertaking.
Connie’s research aims to understand the complex social systems of male elephant herds. She uses technology to capture and monitor their interactions and behaviour. Connie is passionate about conservation and understanding animals to better protect
them for the future. She also has a great eye for photography and she travels widely, capturing amazing wildlife images. She recently took part in Craghoppers AW19 shoot in Scotland where she was one of four photographers who we captured in front
of the camera rather than behind it – set against the stunning Scottish landscape.

Gallery

Connie Allen Connie Allen Connie Allen Connie Allen Connie Allen Connie Allen Connie Allen

Q&A

Why are you keen to be a Craghoppers Ambassador?

I am a real fan of the Craghoppers gear I have had over the years. Its kept me cool, warm, dry, safe and protected in a range of environments. Most important to my lifestyle is adaptability and versatility – something the Craghoppers brand never
fails to deliver on.

If you could only take one piece of Craghoppers kit with you, what would it be?

The GORETEX Jacket all the way! It never fails to amaze me howthe water just runs of the jacket, like water off a ducks back!

Do you have any top tips for survival to offer to our community?

Its all about being adaptable and being able to embrace any challenge that comes your way. See every inconvenience as just a necessary step in the process that you will no doubt learn from

What’s the one thing you look forward to most when you come home from a long expedition?

A cuddle with my little dog Joey, he’s sadly too old and sick now to join on any crazy adventures!