Craghoppers Blog

Category: Craghoppers Posts

photo-of-colosseum-during-daytime-2676642 (1)

Staycation – Rome in a Day (Social Distancing Edition)

Since travelling isn’t an option right now and we’re finding ourselves reminiscing on past holidays - we wanted to create a series that still keeps them in your calendar, staycation style. Who said you couldn’t bring a piece of your favourite city to your home? Not us…  This week you’ve got the chance to visit Rome in a day, we know you might think it’s a lot but trust us, stay…

CraghoppersSS20_CapeVerde_day3_158

This is Our Kind of Lockdown

[siteorigin_widget class="WP_Widget_Custom_HTML"][/siteorigin_widget] Together we stand stronger. Though we are currently starved of our actual adventures – we can still dream. We can still plan. We can still be inspired by the many like minded adventurers out there that crave the very same thing. Here at Craghoppers, we are made for travel. It’s in our DNA, like you. So we need an outlet, a lifeline to see us through the next…

defo header

The Sunshine Journey: Nepal

By Eva Bouwer, The Sunshine Journey As part of my journey to travel & volunteer around the globe, I traveled off to Nepal this March in search for adventure. To experience the unique beauty of Nepal's nature, I chose Chitwan National Park in the South of the country. I traveled to Nepal from India, but another good option is to fly to Kathmandu and then drive 5 hours to arrive…

CraghoppersSS20_CapeVerde_day1_281

Cape Verde: Eco Hotel

Love sustainable travel? We do. That’s why for our SS20 photo shoot we took four explorers: Alex, Chris, Emma and Rachel to the remote islands of Cape Verde with sustainable travel company ‘Travell With Purpose’. Our accommodation was an eco-hotel in Sao Pedro, built from natural, local and sustainable materials. The 13 bedroom hotel situated next to the sea, finished with a wood and lime putty. Certified wood was used…

10 facts about Yellowstone

Spanning over the three states of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, Yellowstone is one of the world’s most impressive, and famous, national parks. But what does this magnificent landscape have to offer? We’ll run you through our top 10 facts about Yellowstone National Park in our guide, so you can make the most of your volcanic adventure. Find out about Yellowstone’s wildlife, geology, history and more below. Interesting Facts About Yellowstone…

Wild Swimming Guide

Are you intrigued by open water swimming? Whether it’s the thrill of being closer to nature or the appeal of the reported health benefits of cold water swimming that draws you in, we can help you get started. In our wild swimming guide, we’ll talk you through everything you need to know – from what the activity is to what to wear while you’re doing it. Discover more below. What…

Find The Best Fleece Jacket For You

Interested in buying a new fleece for your adventures, but unsure which is right for you? We’ve got you covered. We have a variety of fleeces to aid you in your travels, whether you’re setting off on a hiking trip for the weekend or taking a leisurely stroll through your local park. Our fleeces are designed with cutting-edge fabric technologies to ensure you have the optimum level of protection and…

10 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in The World

Lakes, mountains and coasts offer some of the most spectacular hiking trails. But let’s not forget about waterfalls. Offering so many incredible treks with endless photo opportunities, we’ll talk you through our top 10 most beautiful waterfalls in the world. From Angel Falls in Zambia to Guffloss in Iceland, find inspiration for your next waterfall walk below. 1. Plitvice Falls, Croatia Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979, Plitvice…

How To Pack Light For Travel

Travelling without checked luggage is one of the best ways to travel. You don’t have to haul an oversized case around with you, it stops you from over packing and you get to save money. Having said this, it’s something you’ll have to master before you go. But don’t worry. We’ll talk you through how to pack light for travel, including what to take (and leave behind), how to fold…

New Year’s Reflections – Half Way Home

Before I set off on this expedition to walk 2000km across the Sahara, I had some doubts about it. Not, perhaps as you might expect, about the distance or difficulty or danger but because just under a year ago I had become the first woman to walk the Draa River in Morocco which had been a fantastic experience, and I was worried that the Sahara Expedition would fall short.  This…