Ambassador Kevin Richardson

Adventurer

Kevin Richardson

Wildlife conservationist, filmmaker and Lion Whisperer are just some of the words used to describe Kevin. His mission is to highlight the status of the Africa’s most iconic predator, the Lion, through his own work in the media as well as alongside fellow campaigners, researchers and scientists.

It is his unique relationship with the Lions that has captivated the imagination of people worldwide. Subduing the animals through love, understanding and trust to develop personal bonds with them rather than breaking their spirit.

The Kevin Richardson Wildlife Sanctuary provides a self-sustaining sanctuary for the purposes of wild species preservation. bring awareness to the rapid decline of large carnivores in Africa due to habitat loss, human-predator conflict, the illegal bush meat trade, unscrupulous hunting, disease, and illegal trade.

Video

Gallery

Kevin Richardson Kevin Richardson Kevin Richardson Kevin Richardson Kevin Richardson Kevin Richardson

Q&A

kevin_q1

How do you feel about being a Craghoppers Ambassador?

I’m very proud to be one of their ambassadors, it’s really a great thing. Craghoppers is doing great work by supporting conservation causes. The authenticity with the people that they are aligning with is important, and I think organisations need to do this for greater awareness.

kevin_q2

What is your favourite item of clothing?

My favourite item of clothing is probably my NosiLife Adventure Top.

The reason being is that it’s so practical for what I need it for in my daily work. It’s got the collar that protects my neck from the sun – I use that a lot! We come from Africa and the sun is vey hot… you will get burnt. So, the SolarShield technology on the clothing is an absolute winner, because you need best protection that you can get.

kevin_q3

What are your top 5 travel items?
  1. Camera – I don’t leave home without it!
  2. My cell phone
  3. Battery pack – it has a solar panel
  4. Craghoppers gear – My NosiLife Adventure Shirt
  5. My Convertible Trousers – so I can go from long to short lengths!
kevin_q4

What does getting outdoors mean to you?

Getting outdoors is really important for me, but I think that it should be really important for everyone. There’s nothing like vitamin D, it’s invigorating and rejuvenating. We live in a world where we live in a world of blue light of computer screens and tables and phones –  I’m guilty as charged because my social media depends on it! So, whenever I get the opportunity to get outdoors, I’m at my happiest.

Kevin Richardson: The Problem Facing Africa's Lions

Words: Kevin Richardson. Image: Jackie Hill- Murphy Apart from the rugged work of looking after these wonderful lions, my time is also spent growing the non-profit organization we launched in 2018 years to spread awareness about the challenges facing Africa’s lions. It comes as a shock to most people that lions are incredibly at risk […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

A day in the life of: Kevin Richardson

A day in the life of: Kevin Richardson Ever wondered what life is like for a Lion Whisperer? With Kevin Richardson as a Craghoppers ambassador, wonder no more. From his extraordinary life in South Africa caring for lions, hyenas and other exciting wildlife creatures, Kevin has become an internet sensation and has captured the hearts […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , | Leave a comment