English Heritage

Are you ready to get out and visit an English Heritage site again soon? Some of the historic sites are now open! These include, Beeston Castle and Woodland Park in Cheshire, Battle Abbey and Battlefield in Sussex and Elizabethan Gardens in Warwickshire. To see the full list of open sites and to make sure you book your place in advance, please visit the English Heritage website.

English Heritage cares for over 400 historic monuments, buildings and places – from world-famous prehistoric sites to grand medieval castles, they bring the story of England to life for over 10 million visitors each year.

At English Heritage we are passionate about the importance of history. Every year they seek to bring the story of England to life for people of all ages and backgrounds, in the places where it happened and in the most enriching ways

From Dover Castle to the Northumbrian Coast, the friendly staff of English Heritage are passionate about their locations, sharing stories, facts and knowledge about their local site.

Craghoppers is proud to be the official clothing supplier for the English Heritage, keeping the staff comfortable from the outdoor elements all year round.

Our Ambassadors

Carolyn Hicks, Volunteer Supervisor, Beeston Castle

Tom Hackett, Front of House Membership Manager, Dover Castle

Victoria Cunningham, Properties Manager, Hadrian’s Wall

What makes your EH site such a great place to work?

Beeston Castle is a great place to work as it has at least 4000 years of history to discover. As well as a beautiful early medieval fortress castle perched on top of the crag I love that we are bringing the Bronze Age to life for our visitors and it is inspiring all those who visit to discover more about our pre-historic past.

What do you think about the Craghoppers/EH partnership? How will it help you in your role?

The partnership is an absolutely great thing for a number of reasons! First and most importantly of all, it will provide our staff with reliable outdoor clothing that is essential in protecting them against the weather. Working at Dover Castle can throw all kinds of weather extremes at you, so the new uniform will be great at combatting that! I also know that it will look very professional to our visitors. If they see our staff wearing smart, resilient and well known pieces of outdoor clothing, it will show all visitors that we provide our staff with the best kit for the job.

What piece of outdoor kit could you not live without?

My insulated Craghoppers Trousers! They’ve got me through so many wet and cold winters both at and outside of work! I have about 3 pairs as I use them so much. They’re also super comfy so i know I’m out hiking I know they won’t hold me back and will keep me warm and dry!

Video

Gallery

English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage English Heritage

Reasons to Visit Beeston Castle

Written by English Heritage ambassador, Carolyn Hicks High upon a rocky crag in Cheshire, North West England, sits Beeston Castle, a place where people have gathered for thousands of years. As the sun sets behind the Welsh mountains, it illuminates the red sandstone of the castle and the rolling landscape of the Sandstone Ridge. This […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , | Leave a comment