English Heritage

English Heritage

Jessie Leong offers photography tips from the beautiful Tintagel Castle

English Heritage cares for over 400 historic monuments, buildings and places – from world-famous prehistoric sites to grand medieval castles, they bring the story of England to life for over 10 million visitors each year. “At English Heritage we are passionate about the importance of history. Every year they seek to bring the story of England to life for people of all ages and backgrounds, in the places where it happened and in the most enriching ways” From Dover Castle to the Northumbrian Coast, the friendly staff of English Heritage are passionate about their locations, sharing stories, facts and knowledge about their local site. Craghoppers is proud to be the official clothing supplier for the English Heritage, keeping the staff comfortable from the outdoor elements all year round.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Our Ambassadors

Edward Woollard

Edward Woollard

Kelly Fowler

Kelly Fowler

Rachel Morrison

Rachel Morrison

Daniel Hale

Daniel Hale

Kelly Fowler

I am a Senior Gardener for English Heritage, working in the organic walled kitchen garden at Audley End House and Gardens in Essex.
I feel fortunate to work in such a beautiful location, tending to the care of historic fruit trees, delicious vegetables and seasonal floral displays where every day is truly different. In my spare time I love going on walks in the local countryside and have climbed Snowdon and Kinder Scout, as well as walking various parts of the South West Coast Path. I look forward to taking on the role of Craghoppers Ambassador because I have been a fan of their clothing for a number of years and it is a brand I trust and delight in wearing. Bring on the adventure!

Daniel Hale

I am head gardener at the multi award winning Brodsworth hall and gardens. I oversee the maintenance and restoration of the beautiful Victorian garden, bringing history to life for our visitors. I love nature and in particular plants. I love going for long walks at the weekend with my wife and cocker spaniel, Buddy. I chose Horticulture as my chosen career as I love the outdoors no matter the weather, I feel there is no greater joy, than seeing people enjoying the beautiful gardens we help create. Like Audrey Hepburn said “to plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow”.

Rachel Morrison

I am the Audience Development Manager for Marble Hill, working on a £6 million revival project. This exciting project will open the house more often for free; revive the landscape and improve the facilities across the park – from the play area to the sports pitches. Marble Hill Revived has already seen a whole host of super events including Moving Meadows Week when we gave out 400 packets of wildflower meadow seeds to the community and working with abused women on site, giving them support and coping mechanisms through nature, whilst also sharing the story of the first owner of Marble Hill, Henrietta Howard and her first very difficult marriage. I am very proud to wear the uniform – it is more waterproof than any of my own coats! And in my role as Craghoppers Ambassador, I look forward to sharing more about the project.

Edward Woollard

My job as an Area Catering Manager across North English Heritage sites means that I get to try an awful lot of delicious, local food. So, keeping active is very important to me! If I’m not out running or walking in the Moors, then I can also be found volunteering across York with various outdoor community projects, including helping to deliver prescriptions to those shielding from Covid or most recently preparing people for flooding. Being a lover of the Great Outdoors – regardless of the weather – means that I need to be prepared for anything, especially here in Yorkshire where we can get all four seasons in the space of a morning’s hike! Being a Craghoppers Ambassador means that I never have to worry about what to pack again!