Ambassador David Love

Mountaineer and Expedition Leader

We have been working with David for a number of years, providing him with kit for his various expeditions as a professional Mountaineer and Expedition Leader. His work for the British Army has allowed him to travel to some of the world’s most highly volatile countries, including Afghanistan, Sudan and Somalia which has given him an insight into what clothing works and what you need to survive in different, often challenging environments.

His passion for the mountains was forged at a very early age in the rugged terrain of North Wales. Having cemented a love for the outdoors through the DofE Award, he continues to work with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme and OS GetOutside, sharing his passion by leading young people in the outdoors and inspiring others through speaking and writing about his own adventures.

Gallery

David Love David Love David Love David Love David Love David Love

Q&A

What would you say are your greatest achievements to date?

My solo ascent of Mt Blanc when I was only 18, and with almost no prior mountaineering experience, is my most memorable achievement. However, summiting the Matterhorn and the Eiger are definitely up there too. But if I could only pick one, it
would be my solo winter traverse of the Transylvanian Alps in 2017.

Why are you keen to be a Craghoppers Ambassador?

I’m extremely proud to be an ambassador for a British company with a global reach. Having shared values is so important and I can’t think of a better clothing brand that promotes accessibility to the outdoors more than Craghoppers does.

What is one cause that you feel passionately about?

Accessibility to the outdoors for all. The majority of my voluntary activity is with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and getting young people, from all walks of life to experience the multitude of physical and mental benefits that travel and the
outdoors offers. In my opinion it’s the best education in the world!

What is your favourite place to explore?

The British Isles! For such a small cluster of islands, Great Britain has an abundance of places to explore and keep you adventuring for a lifetime! I absolutely love all of our National Parks, but Snowdonia is without doubt my favourite.

Packing for the Inca Trail with David Love

We chat to Craghoppers Ambassador and International Expedition Leader, David Love, on some handy do’s & don’ts if you’re planning to undertake the Inca Trail for your next big adventure as well as some top tips and tricks he’s learned over the years in packing for expedition success! FIRST THING’S FIRST… The Inca trail is […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

WILD JOTUNHEIMEN

By David Love Our ambassador, David Love, recently went to Norway with a small team to reach the two highest points in Norway, Glittertind and Galdhoppigen in the Jotunheimen National Park. The sub-zero temperatures put the AW19 kit to the ultimate test. I’d never been to Norway before.  So when the opportunity came up for […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , | Leave a comment

The Holy Grail of Kit Selection

By David Love Choosing the right kit for any outdoor adventure can be a really daunting prospect.  We often find ourselves having to navigate through the latest sales hype of unnecessary technical features, mind-bendingly light materials and eye-wateringly high prices to boot!  For me, I try to boil it down to three simple factors, what […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

National Map Reading Week

Which can only mean one thing, it’s time to dust off your map and compass, get outside and brush up on those long-lost skills! We caught up with our Craghoppers Ambassador, mountaineer and Ordinance Survey GetOutside Champion, David Love, to get his take on why map reading remains such an essential skill. Maps definitely hold […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment
Craghoppers ambassador David Love

Kickstart March with a ‘spring’ in your step

As we leave winter behind (well, sort of) and enter into a new seasonal cycle, there’s a few things that ‘spring’ to mind… longer days, birdsong reaching its peak and the Spring sunshine bringing with it new growth, with buds and fresh crisp leaves bursting through the morning frost. Surely there’s no better time to […]

Read More...
Posted in Craghoppers Posts | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment